Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crochet Basic Hat and Neck Warmer

To make the basic crown, I use this guide
I did add an extra increase round as my yarn may have been a bit finer than the one suggested and I also used a smaller hook.
Once I had the crown established I worked the griddle st (the up and down st) around the hat as I had used it in the neck warmer.
I finished off with a row of hdc, a row of 1 sc and ch 3 around, then I worked 5 sc in the ch 3, around and I finished off with a picot in the centre of the 5 sc around.
The flower was one I made up, as I wanted one that I could centre a button in and hang some jewellry from the button. I am particulary pleased with the hanging jewellry and I intend to work with this style more often.
I'm also showing off my new head model here.
Its the first time I have used her. She is a bit on the ugly side, but I can always take photo shots like the first in of this post. I picked her up at a garage sale for around $5.00. Yes she came quite cheap and willing.