Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crochet Basic Hat and Neck Warmer

To make the basic crown, I use this guide
I did add an extra increase round as my yarn may have been a bit finer than the one suggested and I also used a smaller hook.
Once I had the crown established I worked the griddle st (the up and down st) around the hat as I had used it in the neck warmer.
I finished off with a row of hdc, a row of 1 sc and ch 3 around, then I worked 5 sc in the ch 3, around and I finished off with a picot in the centre of the 5 sc around.
The flower was one I made up, as I wanted one that I could centre a button in and hang some jewellry from the button. I am particulary pleased with the hanging jewellry and I intend to work with this style more often.
I'm also showing off my new head model here.
Its the first time I have used her. She is a bit on the ugly side, but I can always take photo shots like the first in of this post. I picked her up at a garage sale for around $5.00. Yes she came quite cheap and willing.

4 comments:

priss98@hotmail.com said...

I am really loving your hats & neckwarmer sets. How unique!! I'd love to see more free patterns of your sets. They are super. I am only interested in making them for myself.

Hachiko

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thanks priss98, I have a few beret patterns for free, just look under free patterns in the side menu.

Anonymous said...

Hello Fibre Artist, the Crochet Basic Hat and Neck Warmer are very feminine and stylish. I finished the neck warmer but I can't figure out how to work the hat. Could you post the pattern instructions for the hat? The yarncat link is not direct to the pattern.

By the way, I finished two Tezzie hats and they ARE lovely! Thank you so much for the pattern.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thank you for your feed back :) I will change the link to the basic dc crown, I have written my own directions in 2 blog posts, which may help you.
http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Basic%20Crown%20Pattern%20for%20DC%20stitch