Saturday, November 22, 2008

Quick and Easy Xmas Tree Decoration Tutorial

This assortment is just to give you an idea of the different looks you can come up with.
A closer view, silver pipe sticks and some glitter pom poms, were added for the finer touches.

Gold bells were a nice addition here.

This is where you may find the plastic ring

To begin, gather yarn in xmas colours and those handy little plastic rings from the tops of your juice or milk containers. Yarn thickness and hook size is up to you.


Join yarn to ring, any way you like.


Hdc around ring until it is covered, I completed about 30 or so.

Hdc= yo hook, insert hook into ring, pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yo over hook and pull through all 3 loops.



Once completly covered you will need to chain a little hanger.


I chained 10 here.


Slip stitch to join, fasten off leaving a tail to sew join together.



We are also hiding the the little tail here by sewing it in.


First round and hanger completed here.


Another joining method is to sl st to beginning.

Chain 10 for hanger, then join where you did the first sl st, but you still have to sew in that little tail.




For this one, I am just going to go half the way around with some green yarn. I will begin and end where my hook lays.



I've chained 3 and will do, 2 dc in the same place.



I've slip stitched in between the st's I don't want to use, then repeated, with the ch 3 and 2 dc in the same place.



I've just winged it (guess work) to the other side, no fancy counting, but it looks even to me and that will do.



Sew in the loose end and choose an adornment.



I like this, simple yet effective.




I'm trying a triangular look on this one.


I winged it (guess work) around again, had to frog it once to get it even.

I hdc, 2 dc, 1trbl, 2dc,1 hdc, was what I used in the peaks.


Once again choose an adornment and away you go!

I find the end of xmas sales have plenty of adornments for next to nothing, so that is a good time to grab some.

I would love to see how your decorations come out, so please leave a link in the comments section so I can view them.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.