Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Crochet, It's Little Rev!

I recorded little Rev in action for all to see how happy he makes me and how funny he is.

Rev was the last of 5 puppies to be born, he was the runt of the litter and it was obvious he had problems from the beginning. He was quite cold for the first 24 hours of his beginning. He struggled to feed, I weighed him 3 times a day to ensure he was gaining weight. When he began to walk, he walked backwards, this is why I named him Rev, Rev being short for reverse. I took him to the vet and it was obvious he was starved of some oxygen at birth. But he began to improve and he walked forward. It was not until he was seperated from his mother that we realised he is deaf. His sense of smell is incredible though. I have many visual stimulants and I am teaching him sign language, just simple hand movements for now. I am assuming I will need 2 people to teach him to sit, but I will wait until he is a little older and is used to the simple sign language I am teaching him now.

15 comments:

AuntieElle said...

Thanks so much for posting the video - it gave me a good laugh - such a little cutie and sweetie!

Susan said...

Love that little Rev! What a comedian. I'd never get anything done with him around (not that I get much done anyway!). Thanks for sharing him with us, Cat. xx

cats-rockin-crochet said...

AuntieElle and Susan. In the face of our Victorian fire disaster, I thought this would be a little bit of enjoyment to see after hearing and seeing all of the extremely sad things that have happened and are still happening in our beautiful state.

tisme said...

Cats, he is adorable! I have a little Bichon named Misty who loves to play fetch by herself. lol
She will throw the toy and then run and get it herself. I love her to pieces.
Tammy

Crochet Princess Beth said...

He is so adorable! Thanks for sharing a video of him! He's getting along so well! Hugs from Virginia (USA) Beth

cats-rockin-crochet said...

tisme, ain't it good for the sole!

Crochet Princess Beth, oh yes I think he is adorable too, thanks for caring.

Sherryknit said...

Cat
What a big Boy he is now. Good Luck with the sign language. I have heard of that with dogs before. He looks like alot of fun.
What a cutie.
Stay safe and well,
Sherry

Crochet Princess Beth said...

I just heard on the news about the fires. Don't know where you are in comparison to them, but you and your family stay safe! Hug Rev for me! Beth In Virginia

Teresa said...

He is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Sherryknit, I think I need that luck, thankyou.

Crochet Princess Beth, thank you for your concern, we've had a few scares with family members, but they are okay.

Teresa, it is a pleasure to share him with you.

Grandma Blog said...

Just want you to know there is an award on my blog for you. Add it to your blog and follow instructions.
What an adorable little puppy. Loved the vedio.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the video. I got a puppy from a friend when she was 10 days old because the mother dog had died. She is so precious to me. Dogs learn fast. Keep us posted as to how he is doing.

Kathy - North Carolina
USA

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Grandma, thank you so much.

Anonymous,a 10 day old pup must have been quite a bit of work to begin with, I will keep you all posted on how little Rev is going.

how to crochet said...

crochet stuff really rocking for winter....

cats-rockin-crochet said...

How to crochet, it is and we are still in summer. LOL.