Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Old Sweater, New Bag, Recycling Fun.

I've seen used felted sweaters and T Shirt's re-made into a bag, so I thought I'd give it a go too.




 The sleeve's and neck are cut off to begin with.

 The shape of the neck and arm holes are cut more for fine tuning of the shaping of the bag to be.

 The sides of the sweater are now the very center of the front and back of the bag to be. The bottom hem is now ready for sewing.

 Sewing completed.

 The bag is taking some shape, but is too bland.

I crocheted a divider in the center of the bag.

I found some felted pieces that I was to use for another project that didn't suit that project but looked okay for this one.

After applying the applique's and crocheting around the bag handles to neaten it up, I now have an original bag made by me.

 Now I have to test it out, roll on shopping day.