Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cute Little Stay On Poncho




I have made this poncho once before, it's a good design as it stay's on and in place unlike the regular poncho. It's perfect for the toddler/child for this reason.
 For the top photo I used 110 gm's of yarn and a size 4.00 mm hook (US G/6)
The center length measure's approx 13 inches (with out the tassels).

You can find the free pattern here, but I did have some difficulty in understanding row's 4 and 14 for the size 12/15 months, I will include my revised steps below in red.


half shell: 2dc ch 1
Shell: 2 dc, ch1, 2 dc


Rnd4: Ch 3, dc, ch 1, 2 dc in same stitch, ch 1,** skip 2 stitches, 2 dc, ch 1 in next stitch. skip 1 stitch, 2 dc, ch 1 in next stitch ** repeat from ** to** for a total of 14 half shells.skip 2 st’s,  Shell in next stitch, skip 2 st’s, than repeat with half shells alternating with skipping 2 stitches and 1 stitch in between each around(14half shells) Join: total of 28 half shells and 2 shells


Rnd 14: slip stitch to center of shell, Ch 2, dc, ch 1, 2dc in ch 1 sp.** ch 1, 2dc in next ch 1 sp ** repeat till after you have done 6- 1/2 shells Now
skip 12 shell spaces,(armhole) 2dc,ch 1 in next ch 1 sp,  repeat 5 more times  (6-1/2 shells)    do a full shell, ** Repeat from** to last shell, join..
 24 half shells ,2 full shells.

 made this one 31/07/2013





18 comments:

Muriel said...

dear friend, it wil be a pleasure for me that you can use any pictures you want.. i can only be grateful to you for sharing all your nice projects... i will be following you in facebook, allthough i dont know much how to use it... a good week to you

Z of ZKNITZ said...

This is very cute Cat!

I like the strawberry on the first poncho, and then the pink hat on the bottom one is cute as well.

MARİFETANE said...

merhaba, çok güzel bir model.Ben çok beğendim tebrikler güzel blog.Görüşmek üzere sevgiler selamlar sana.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Merhaba ve çok teşekkür ederim MARİFETANE

Thank you Z and Muriel too :)

Z of ZKNITZ said...

You're Welcome!

Anna said...

just found ur blog, i came here from pysselkiisen. i like it and i'll come back here again :)

Anna said...

just found ur blog, i came here from pysselkiisen and i'll come back and see.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat,

Wondering what size yarn you used? In american terms? Could I use Caron Simply Soft do you think? And can you tell me how I could make the sleeve part just a bit longer?

thanks so much,
Kelly

cats-rockin-crochet said...

I think AU 8 ply which I used is US 4 ply, not sure how to make the sleeves longer, maybe you could adjust them once you make it, they are great with a polo neck skivvy underneath, cheers Cat.

Anonymous said...

Hi Again,

Thank you so much for your reply. I started the pattern and used your changes (TY for those as well!) and things were going well and fitting the baby it's for UNTIL I got just past Rnd 14 (the armholes).. it made it VERY tight around the baby's body. But the top part fits just fine. Any ideas? I think this pattern is just adorable, but may have to go w/ normal poncho pattern b/c that part is so tight. I'm really bummed. Any help or insight would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks Cat!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

I think you could make it larger by skipping less than 12 spaces when making the arm hole, try 10 and you could also add another ch, try 2 instead of the 1, this will most certainly make a larger change, good luck and cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Can you make them available in PDF format for easy downloads?

Cathy Wood said...

I don't know how to do that, but will look into it, cheers Cat :)

Kristina Davidson said...

Would love to make but link is no longer available

Cathy Wood said...

http://web.archive.org/web/20130313205255/http://emeraldmooncreations.tripod.com/id15.html

use this link, it's the way back machine to old sites on the web,

Donna said...

This pattern is not archived and I would like to make it for my grandaughter's birthday in a few weeks. Can I get it from anyone

Cathy Wood said...

It's now in my notes.

Donna said...

Thank you so very much for the pattern. Much appreciated